Scroll down for our CALENDAR showing availability, our RATES, and a CONTACT US form. We are family friendly and pet friendly. As with all vacation rentals, we have minimum-stay requirements:
- 4-night stay in summer, unless we have a two- or three-night window between bookings, check the calendar (scroll down, below)
- 2-night stay during the spring and fall shoulder seasons
- 4-night stay during the winter snow-months of Dec., Jan., Feb. & March
- Per-night cost depends on how long you stay (rates below)
- Stay 6 nights and get your 7th night free!
Or perhaps a campfire under the stars?
Summer rate 2019 (June, July, August)
In Canadian dollars
- Per-night cost for 7 nights (with free 7th night)*: $175 /night
- Per-night cost for 6 nights: $203 /night
- Per-night cost for 5 nights: $209 /night
- Per-night cost for 4 nights: $218 /night
(4 nights is our minimum stay during the summer season)
( * With your free 7th night )
Rates shown are for double occupancy (2 guests). Additional guests @ $20/night/person.
Standard cleaning is included in the price. For large groups or heavy users there may be an additional cleaning/laundry fee.
A refundable damage/extra cleaning deposit is also charged and refunded after your stay if all is in order.
Other things you need to know:
– The longer you stay, the less The Cottage in Hills costs on a per-night basis. We encourage leisurely vacation stays of a week or more with our stay 6 nights and get your 7th night free special offer.
– In winter, we incur considerable cost to keep the Cottage road plowed, provide firewood and pay for the extra hydro-electric heating cost, thus we only take bookings of four nights minimum.
– We are open year-round. Periodic closures for maintenance are noted on the calendar below.
– We are pet friendly, dog(s) only. Check with the manager about your pet. There is a $10/night/pet fee.
– Extra guests (more than 2) are $20/night/person.
– The cottage sleeps 6 guests (one queen bed, two double beds). In a pinch we can add a cot for a 7th person.
⇒ A note to our American friends: the exchange rate is so favourable for you. Use a currency calculator to see how inexpensive your Canadian vacation at The Cottage in Hills will be.
Total cost: If all this is too confusing get a quote by contacting your host, Lorna. Give her a call at 250-358-2722 or use the contact form below. Lorna will give you a price based on the number in your party, how many nights you plan to stay, whether you are bringing a pet and any special requirements you may have. She’ll also provide you with more details on the property, our cancellation policy, damage deposit, etc.
Pets: The pet fee is $10/night/dog. The Cottage in Hills is dog friendly (one dog, maybe two if well-behaved, let’s talk) with advance permission from your host. If you are traveling with your dog please contact us to discuss whether the Cottage in Hills will be suitable for your dog’s needs. We love dogs but for the benefit of all our guests we have a strict pet policy to ensure the Cottage stays in good condition. No cats or any other type of pet.
Weddings: We welcome weddings with prior permission (extra fees apply). The lawn/garden area is lovely for a small ceremony but the Cottage itself is not large enough to host a reception (we can help you arrange this at nearby facilities).
Honeymoons: Bingo! The Cottage in Hills makes a perfect honeymoon accommodation. It’s very private and fully outfitted with everything you’ll need to enjoy your honeymoon.
Suitable for reunions & parties? This depends on the size of your group. The Cottage is not suitable for large parties, stags or large family reunions as it sleeps only 6 guests. But it is suitable for a multi-generational family get-together, a girls’ weekend, or for a group of friends vacationing together.
Access for the disabled: The Cottage in Hills is not wheelchair accessible but we will do our best to accommodate guests with limited mobility… please call your host Lorna at 250-358-2722 to discuss this. We’ll make every effort.
Shoulder seasons: Our affordable rate and (spring and fall) 2-night minimum encourage weekend getaways. It’s the perfect time of year for a personal retreat, a couples getaway or mini-family-reunion (6 people max.). Spring is lovely with blooms bursting forth in late April. Autumn is sunny and glorious– in fact, September and October are our favourite months here in Hills.
When is The Cottage in Hills available? Nights that are already booked are noted on the calendar below. If there is nothing written in the square for a given date (or it says “Available”) then that night is available. When you fill in the contact form below, please specify the dates you would like for your stay and let us know of any special needs.